â€‹Here is a simple guide that will help you to configure display and audio on your PlayStation 4 console to improve the gaming experience.
- Go to the PlayStation Dynamic Menu
- Press up with the D-pad or with the left stick.
- Go through the line of icons by moving right and select Settings icon.
- Move down to Sound and Screen and press X.
- Go to Video Output settings > Resolution > Leave it on Automatic. This means the PS4 will automatic detect the maximum resolution the TV can display.
- Go down to TV Size and select the correct size of your screen from the list. This is important for those with 3D TV as it will optimise the viewing experience
- Back up the menu with circle and select Display Area Settings. Enlarge or Shrink the box to fit your screen.
If you have your PS4 plugged into your TV then you will want to change the primary output port to HDMI to allow your console to output various audio format like Dolby Digital5.1ch .
- Go to Audio Output Settings > Primary Output Port > HDMI. With this your PS4 will be able to to send 5.1 signals to your set up.
- You can also remove the System Music and Key Note sounds. Exit the menu by pressing circle and you can un-tick those two options.
- How to replace a PS4 Hard Drive
- Sony sold over 250k PS4 units in the UK over the weekend
- PS4 Owners unable to log into PSN
- PS4 and Vita bundles for under £500 confirmed
JOIN THE DISCUSSION